CITO Research Releases Report on Data-First Development Approach
MicroPact and entellitrak Featured Prominently in New Research
NEW YORK, November 20, 2013 - CITO Research has published a new report titled "How Data-First Development Overcomes Barriers to Creating Effective Applications" that examines how a data-first approach to business application development creates effective systems and increases end-user adoption. This approach builds systems that are ideal for nonlinear business processes and case-centric workflows, filling what CITO Research calls "white space" left by more rigid systems that use process-first development.
CITO Research, which is considered a leading provider of forward-looking research for CIOs and CTOs, specializes in the analysis of IT management, application development, cloud computing and mobile technologies.
"We found that an approach based on data-first thinking that adds the lessons of dynamic case management allows end-users and power-users to participate as equals in a process of creating robust applications in a way that business process management cannot," writes Dan Woods, CTO and Editor of CITO Research, in the report.
The research group's latest report takes a close look at the differences between a data-first approach to application development and the process-first approach taken by most traditional BPM platforms. CITO Research examined MicroPact's Data-First™ approach to dynamic case management. The research revealed considerable support for the approach used in MicroPact's entellitrak platform.
Key Findings from Report:
- To fill "application white space" – a void that packaged applications cannot fill – BPM technologies are one tool, but not always the optimal tool. The best method to fill this space and rapidly create applications requires a data-first approach.
- When creating effective applications to meet the unique needs of a business, the data-first approach has proved to be a reliable and highly productive method.
- Process-first applications are not ideally suited to nonlinear business processes and case-centric work- flows. However, data-first development applied with dynamic case management tools offers control and order.
"The benefits of our Data-First approach to case management have long been observed by our entellitrak customers," said Kris Collo, CEO, President and Founder of MicroPact. "This new research now offers a side-by-side comparison of data-first and process-first development to clearly showcase the best methods for effective application development for enterprises."
Download the full report here: How Data-First Development Overcomes Barriers to Creating Effective Applications.
MicroPact's entellitrak is a Unified BPM platform that takes a Data-First™ approach to Dynamic Case Management and Business Process Management and is available with fully integrated Document Management, Natural Language Analytics, and Mobile Modules. Whether based on-premises or in the cloud, entellitrak can be implemented immediately and configured continuously, enabling customers to get to work quickly while keeping costs low. More than 200 federal agencies and organizations, as well as Fortune 500 companies entrust their critical operations to entellitrak.
- Answering Your Questions about Partner Sales Enablement February 5, 2020
- Introducing Chris Flores, Vice President of Global Alliances January 15, 2020
- 6 Tips for Stress-Free Software Adoption December 11, 2019