MicroPact Announces 15th Annual 462 Symposium in Washington, D.C.
Reasonable Accommodation, Work-Life Balance, and Anti-Harassment Strategies Address Top Federal EEO Challenges
June 26, 2017, Herndon, VA - It’s sweltering here in the nation’s capital, which means planning is well underway for MicroPact’s 15th Annual 462 Symposium for the federal human capital management and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) community, to be held on Sept. 25 at the Washington Marriott Metro Center. The event brings together professionals from federal agencies to discuss best practices in EEO processing, network with peers, and receive training on MicroPact’s ICOMPLAINTS® software, the case management system used to manage 90 percent of all federal EEO claims. This year’s theme is Keeping Pace With a Changing Workplace.
The 462 Symposium gets its name from the detailed EEOC Form 462 Report that all federal agencies must submit annually in October. However, over the last 15 years the scope of the event has evolved well beyond its initial focus on enabling ICOMPLAINTS users to submit an error-free report. This year’s agenda reflects the many heightened requirements faced by federal employers today — harbingers of what private sector corporations are likely to face down the line.
Keynote speaker Dexter Brooks, Associate Director of the EEOC’s Office of Federal Operations, will motivate attendees by describing the pivotal role they play in advancing the federal government as a model employer. Other speakers and panelists include:
- Creating High Performing Workplaces to Support Work-Life Balance: Best Practices Concerning Employee Caregiving and Personal Responsibilities — Soquel E. Harding, Senior EEO Specialist, Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Step Up to Stop Harassment — Lynn Revo-Cohen, Founding Partner, New Point Strategies
- Section 501 of the Rehabilitation Act: Updates and Impacts — Anupa Iyer, Esq., Policy Advisor, Office of Federal Operations, U.S. EEOC
- Building a Non-mandated EEO Program — Moderator: Dino DeSorbo, Manager, EEO Services, National EEO Investigative Services Office, United States Postal Service
Newer ICOMPLAINTS users may opt to combine two of the above sessions with a half-day deep dive into how to get the most out of ICOMPLAINTS for 462 reporting.
To register and view more information about the 462 Symposium schedule and sessions, visit the 462 Symposium website.
In the face of evolving federal labor law, achieving and maintaining annual compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity regulations and reporting requirements can be a monumental challenge. MicroPact’s EEO case management solution was developed specifically to manage the EEO process and generate the Form 462 annual report.
Reasonable Accommodation (RA) cases can be complex, requiring extensive personnel and financial resources, and often including a vast document repository. The entellitrak-based Reasonable Accommodation Software solutions manage the rules and regulations that guide RA policies and procedures, and track all case details.
- Three Best Practices to Avoid 462 Reporting Stress March 1, 2019
- MicroPact 462 Symposium put all eyes on EEO issues September 17, 2018
- HCBS Waivers Work Best When All Stakeholders Share Data July 17, 2019
- How Technology Can Help Counter Violent Extremism July 9, 2019
- Celebrating A Few of the Unsung Heroes of July 4th July 3, 2019
- 2019 Medicaid Enterprise Systems Conference (MESC) August 19-22 Chicago, IL