Study Reveals Growing Demand for Data-First Approach to Enterprise Application Development
March 18, 2014, Herndon, VA – A new independent research study titled “Is Process Mapping a Barrier to Innovation?” sheds new light on the vital role a data-centric approach to application development plays in an enterprise’s ability to create truly innovative solutions. The commissioned study, which was conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of MicroPact Inc., was based on in-depth surveys of 151 application development and implementation decision-makers across North America.
According to the study, to facilitate the high-value, semi-structured, knowledge work of business professionals, enterprise IT decision-makers should consider information-led approaches that put adaptive solutions center stage.
Other Key Findings from Study:
- Nearly 50% of those surveyed say a “data-first” approach that surfaces information at the right time is required to provide richer and more personalized interactions.
- Respondents said a “data-first” approach supported with dynamic and adaptive knowledge worker capabilities is required to support an increasing load of unstructured work.
- Future dynamic process support should focus on goals and knowledge worker adaptability.
“This study indicates that traditional process-driven automation and development approaches are no longer adequate,” said Kris Collo, President, CEO & Founder of MicroPact. “It confirms what we know firsthand from our work with enterprise customers: Fast-moving requirements, communication between departments and stakeholders and access to information tend to act as major barriers to achieving implementation goals when approached from a process-first perspective.”
MicroPact’s entellitrak® platform, which takes a Data-First™ approach to dynamic case management, provides comprehensive solutions to enterprise customers within the federal and commercial markets. The enterprise platform’s Document Management, escan, efile, Mobile and Natural Language Analytics modules are fully integrated solutions designed to empower knowledge workers on a daily basis.
MicroPact will present more results and analysis from this study as well as a related case study at Forrester’s Forum For Technology Management Leaders in Orlando on May 5.
MicroPact’s entellitrak takes a Data-First™ approach to Dynamic Case Management and Business Process Management and is available with fully integrated Document Management, Natural Language Analytics, and Mobile Modules. Whether based on-premises or in the cloud, entellitrak can be implemented immediately and configured continuously, enabling customers to get to work quickly while keeping costs low. More than 200 federal agencies and organizations, as well as Fortune 500 companies entrust their critical operations to entellitrak.
- Relationship Building is the Heart of a Successful Partner Program October 8, 2019
- 5 Common Errors to Watch for in Your 462 Report September 26, 2019
- Celebrating and Supporting the United States Air Force September 18, 2019
- 2019 IT Solutions Management (ISM) Conference September 22 – 25, 2019 Milwaukee, WI