Video: Mike Cerniglia Explains the Evolution of entellitrak
How Dynamic Case Management’s Application Architecture Differs from BPM
As the lead architect of entellitrak, MicroPact CTO Mike Cerniglia understands that the best rapid application development platforms must be flexible enough to accommodate the wide array of business patterns that exist within today’s organizations, and powerful enough to let experts focus on the tasks that add value.
Mike often refers to entellitrak as the “original case management platform” because in contrast to the business process management (BPM) offerings it competes with, it was architected to accommodate the fact that information (data) doesn’t always follow a “happy path” – something that BPM notation has traditionally struggled with. This is particularly true as it relates to modeling execution and converting a business process into a executable software application.
To allow entellitrak to accommodate both highly structured (BPM) and unstructured (case management) process scenarios, UML State and Activity Diagrams semantics were chosen to model how a Data Object flows through the application from state to state. In the following short video, Mike relates how the OMG’s UML standard is an excellent fit for handling the dynamic nature of case management applications and provides a powerful but simple way to go from definition to execution.
A low-code application development platform for case management and BPM
- NASCIO’s State CIO Top Ten Priorities December 18, 2018
- MicroPact Achieves Advanced Technology Partner Status in the Amazon Web Services Partner Network October 10, 2018
- The Work of Government Is Casework May 15, 2018
- Honoring Martin Luther King by Pursuing Justice January 18, 2019
- MicroPact Participating in Landmark Opioid Alternative Project January 16, 2019
- In Case You Missed It: The Top 5 MicroPact Blogs of 2018 January 14, 2019